Here are a few details regarding our World’s Finest Chocolate Fundraiser that starts this Tuesday. Students must turn in this parent permission slip before they will be checked out chocolate.
- Starting on Tuesday, students can check out their first box of chocolate to sell. Please help them understand that we are loaning them $60 worth of chocolate per box when we do this, and the $60 must be turned in using the envelope provided in each box before we will check them out more chocolate.
- Each day starting at 3:35pm, students may come to the Band Hall to check out their box. They must have permission from their STRIPES teacher to do so, and we will inform the teachers of this. Students should be patient as we have many students participating from all 3 grade levels, and each student must sign out their box.
- Students CANNOT sell chocolate at school from the hours of 7:00am to 4:00pm as per state nutrition guidelines. If a student is attending an after-school event after 4:00pm on campus and wishes to sell chocolate there, they MUST keep their box in their band locker during the school day. Students caught walking around during school with their chocolate box will be discontinued from the fundraiser.
- Cash or checks made out to BMS with a valid phone number may used. No coins, please. Help them double-check to make sure there is a total of $60 in each envelope, and they write their name and the amount on the outside of the envelope.
- Starting Wednesday, students should turn in their money envelope to a director BEFORE SCHOOL during their Advisory time from 7:30-8:05am before they report to 1st period. We don’t want students walking around campus with their chocolate money in their backpack. When a student turns in all $60 in their money envelope, they are eligible to check out another box at 3:35pm that same day. We encourage all of our students to sell at least 2 boxes of chocolate.
- Parents may send a written note with their student or send us an email if they wish to check out more than one box at a time. This is with the understanding that we will NOT accept any opened boxes of chocolate, and that each box checked out must have $60 returned by Wednesday, December 2.
- Starting on Wednesday, a drawing from those who have turned in their chocolate money will be done every A day for five $20 bills. The grand prize will be done after Wednesday, December 2 for those students who have turned in all of their money for the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place sellers to win $100, $80, and $40, respectively. Students must turn in all of their money to be eligible for cash prizes.
Thank you for taking the time to read this, and we hope your student decides to participate as we are a new band program at a new school with very little in our Activity account. This fundraiser will be used for student awards and band activities. Let us know if you have any questions.