This page contains detailed resources from the presentation at the inaugural Belton ISD Recharge Conference – February 2022.
Presentation Recording – this is the video recording from the Zoom presentation.
Presentation Slideshow – this is the Google Slides presentation shared at the conference.
Five Guidelines of Success – the Belton MS Band has established these guidelines to govern our actions and dictate daily procedure.
“Teaching Rehearsal Etiquette” by Laura Weidel – this article is from TMEA’s Southwestern Musician (November 2015) that inspired our rehearsal expectations.
Choir Rehearsal Etiquette Student Self-Assessment – this is the form used by Ms. Weidel’s students to self-assessed their rehearsal etiquette behavior.
Belton MS Band Rehearsal Etiquette Student Self-Assessment – this is our version of the above form, customized for the Belton MS Band.
Belton MS Band Rehearsal Expectations – this is the full list of our rehearsal expectations.
Attributes of A Superior Band Student – here are the “first chair” attributes that the most superior student musicians consistently adhere to when practicing, rehearsing, and performing
“I Forgot” Assignment – this essay attempts to jog students’ memory to bring their materials to school every day, but is not required to be signed by a parent
“The Page” Discipline Writing Assignment – this essay is the behavior redirection piece that must be signed by a parent.
Band Daily Behavior Report Card (DBRC) – Group– this form is assigned to individual students or whole ensembles who need additional behavior support in following the rehearsal expectations.
After Presentation Survey Evaluation Comments – feedback shared from the presentation.
Additional DBRC Resources – here is additional information from Emergent Tree’s DBRC that was used in the making of this presentation:
- Explanation of DBRC
- Teacher DBRC Letter
- DBRC Blank Form
- DBRC Online Sample
- DBRC Feedback Loop Staff Letter
- DBRC Feedback Loop Process
- DBRC Feedback Loop Examples & Script
- DBRC Feedback Loop Fidelity Checklist
Acknowledgements: Much thanks goes to the following people for their influence and ideas so this could be possible: Laura Weidel, Christopher Gongora, and Janice Motl. Also thank you Sherry Grace, Vickie Dean, Sara Windham, and Patrick Trahan for your help in setting up and executing this presentation.
- “Thank you for having a session that was so relevant to our field!!”
- “Great topic that is relevant to our subject area.”
- “This was an excellent presentation. Chris was well prepared and allowed others to share thoughtful ideas!”
- “Fantastic presentation! Structure was great and the information presented can be used in any educational setting I believe.”
- “So many great ideas to implement and test out!”
- “Chris did a great job conveying his thoughts about good practice in his classroom and was very open to the ideas that were shared.”